A blog providing thoroughly researched information on various health topics.
The purpose of this blog is to provide you with evidence-based information on a variety of health topics. I am not a physician, nurse, or healthcare provider. What I include on this blog is not meant to be, and should not be used as, a substitute for medical advice. I will not attempt to offer any kind of diagnoses or guide your health decisions in any certain direction. What I will offer is credible information you can use to learn more about health. Click on the post title to read the full post.
Readers, Today is the last regular post on this blog. I must step back from my posts for now due to an increase in professional responsibilities. I’m grateful to have had this blog, especially during the pandemic, because it allowed me to do something that could help others using my library and writing skills. I…
“Kids are resilient.” If you’re like me, you’ve come to cringe every time you hear that statement. It now ranks up there with the words and phrases “unprecedented,” “new normal,” and “out of an abundance of caution.” Thanks to COVID, I’m done hearing these phrases, and I’m done allowing everyone to brush off every trauma…
- Thank You for Reading
- Kids Can’t “Self Care” Their Way Out of This
- The “perfect couple” isn’t always “the perfect couple”: Domestic violence in the month of love
- It’s a Lifestyle Change, Not a New Year’s Resolution
- More Than a Red Ribbon: AIDS Awareness
- You’re just fake news!: Faulty Logic in Health Information
- What does my candidate think about health care?: Finding health legislation.
- Death is certain, so don’t ignore it. Plan for it.
- What does it mean to be immunocompromised?
- B-cells, T-cells, and macrophages, oh my!: Understanding immunity
- No, HIPAA Doesn’t Cover That: HIPAA, Vaccination Proof, and Vaccination Mandates
- Mental Health Matters
For a complete list of posts, visit the A Healthy Dose of Health Information Archive page.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.